Hosted by The Broke and the Bookish
I’m a big time fantasy reader. I love super thick fantasy novels that I can get lost in for days, and it’s even better if it’s a part of a series. But there are still some books I’ve yet to get to and I know I should.
- The Return of the King by J.R.R Tolkien – I adore the entirety of Middle Earth! I know so many random facts and even use to be able to babble at people in Elvish in high school. But I haven’t read the last part of The Lord of the Rings. FAIL
- Inheritance by Christopher Paolini – I feel like this book took ages to come out and by the time it did I didn’t feel like opening up a huge book in a series I barely remembered. I’ve had it since release day, but haven’t read it
- Mistborn by Brandon Sanderson – I love Sanderson’s work, but I haven’t read Mistborn yet and I can’t figure out why.
- Sabriel by Garth Nix – Everyone I know seems to have read this series, but I haven’t. The hype scares me and it’s been sititng on my shelf for a long time.
- Graceling by Kristin Cashore – Another book where the hype is HUGE and as a result I haven’t touched my copy.
- The Demon King by Cinda Williams Chima
- Dreams of Gods & Monsters by Laini Taylor – This came out and some how I didn’t buy a copy, and I still haven’t read it.
- Homeland by R.A. Salvatore – Salvatore is one of those names that carries weight in the epic fantasy world, and I’ve never read anything by him. (though I have played a video game, which was awesome).
- The Gunslinger by Stephen King – *sighs* I’ve had this for ages. There is something about Stephen King’s writing that puts me to sleep…seriously…I can’t read anything by him without becoming extremely tired and falling asleep before I even get past the first chapter.
- Pandora by Anne Rice – I’ve had this a very long time too, but I’ve never picked it up. I read the Vampire Chronicles in high school and when I graduated I sort of never picked up the New Tales.