Hosted The Broke and the Bookish
- The Martian by Andy Weir – SOOO good! The tension and the humor were at a perfect mix.
- Alias Hook by Lisa Jensen – I’ve always enjoyed Peter Pan, but it felt a bit off…this sort of proved that feeling was correct and then made me fall in love with Hook.
- A Game of Thrones by George R.R. Martin – Epic fantasy lovers dream…
- The Way of Kings by Brandon Sanderson – All Sanderson, All the Time! (He’s one of my favorite authors)
- Cinder by Marissa Meyer – One of the coolest fairy tale retellings I’ve read
- Grave Mercy by Robin LaFevers – Amazing writing, awesome characters, assassin nuns…
- Splintered by A.G. Howard – Lots of people try to do dark and twisted Alice in Wonderland stories, this one has perfected it.
- Ashfall by Mike Mullin – One of the best and realistic post apocalyptic YA novels out there
- Rot & Ruin by Jonathan Maberry – Walking Dead with teens! It’s pretty much just as awesome too.
- Golden by Jessi Kirby – One of the few books that have truly made me change the way I think.